Senior Care Chiropractor in Madison
As we age gracefully into our golden years, we often look towards preventative and natural means to stay healthy and maintain a high quality of life. Oftentimes the reason seniors seek chiropractic care in Madison is to improve quality of life and regain activities of daily living. Additionally, adults and seniors may seek help with specific pains, with back pain being the most common complaint. In fact, over 25% of seniors have back pain that affects their daily activities! Seniors find that chiropractic care in Madison will improve their range of motion and increase their flexibility, allowing a healthy return to activities that they were previously unable to perform. Many seniors in Madison now utilize chiropractic doctors at Discover Life Chiropractic for help with their ongoing health, whether as a treatment solution, complementary treatment, or for prevention of problems.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Seniors in Madison
- Pain relief – It is no surprise that many people turn to spinal adjustments for pain relief. Chiropractors have the ability to correct the misalignments within the spine that cause pain and inflammation, without the use of medication. This means that the chiropractor fixes the underlying cause of the pain rather than masking it with medication temporarily.
- Natural treatment – Many medications have unpleasant side effects. With at least 92% of seniors having at least one chronic condition, it is important for seniors in Madison to find relief without the need to take medication.
- Increased quality of life – Chiropractic care in Madison helps a person continue to have a proper range of motion in their extremities, which can enhance their quality of life. It is normal for many seniors to assume that they will become stiffer and less capable of doing things as they age, but with the help of a chiropractor, this does not have to be the reality.
- Lower risk of falls – With 33% of seniors experiencing a fall every year, finding a solution to this problem is a priority. Chiropractic care is helpful in this area as it helps to improve balance, coordination and range of motion. Chiropractors in Madison will also help patients learn to stretch and exercise to improve their balance and strength throughout their senior years.
- Help with chronic conditions – Certain conditions that the elderly suffer from can be treated or co-treated with chiropractic care. As chiropractic doctors correct spinal misalignments, they remove irritation to the nerves that exit the spine. These nerves are then able to properly communicate with the organs which they control. This can lead to improvements in respiratory function, digestive function, bladder and bowel control, sleep improvement, etc.